MissouriMis•sour•i (mi zŏŏr′ē, -zŏŏr′ə),USA pronunciation n., pl. -sour•is, (esp. collectively) -sour•i for 3.
Mis•sour′i•an, adj., n.
- a state in the central United States. 4,917,444;
69,674 sq. mi. (180,455 sq. km). Cap.: Jefferson City. Abbr.: MO (for use with zip code), Mo.
- a river flowing from SW Montana into the Mississippi N of St. Louis, Mo. 2723 mi. (4382 km) long.
- a member of a North American Indian tribe belonging to the Siouan linguistic stock, located on the Missouri River in early historic times and now extinct as a tribe.
- from Missouri, [Informal.]unwilling to accept something without proof;
skeptical: I'm from Missouri--you'll have to show me that you're right.
Starstar (stär),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., starred, star•ring.
- any of the heavenly bodies, except the moon, appearing as fixed luminous points in the sky at night.
- any of the large, self-luminous, heavenly bodies, as the sun, Polaris, etc.
- any heavenly body.
- a heavenly body, esp. a planet, considered as influencing humankind and events.
- a person's destiny, fortune, temperament, etc., regarded as influenced and determined by the stars.
- a conventionalized figure usually having five or six points radiating from or disposed about a center.
- this figure used as an ornament, award, badge, mark of excellence, etc.: The movie was awarded three stars.
- a gem having the star cut.
- the asterism in a crystal or a gemstone, as in a star sapphire.
- a crystal or a gemstone having such asterism.
- See star facet.
- an asterisk.
- a person who is celebrated or distinguished in some art, profession, or other field.
- a prominent actor, singer, or the like, esp. one who plays the leading role in a performance.
- [U.S. Mil.]See battle star.
- [U.S. Navy.]
- a gold or bronze star worn on the ribbon of a decoration or medal to represent a second or subsequent award of the same decoration or medal.
- a silver star worn in place of five gold or bronze stars.
- a white spot on the forehead of a horse.
- a mullet.
- make someone see stars, to deal someone a severe blow causing the illusion of brilliant streaks of light before the eyes: The blow on the head made him see stars, and the next thing he knew he was in the hospital.
- thank one's lucky stars, to acknowledge one's good fortune;
be grateful: Instead of complaining about hospital bills she should thank her lucky stars she's still alive.Also, thank one's stars.
- celebrated, prominent, or distinguished;
preeminent: a star basketball player; a star reporter.
- of or pertaining to a star or stars.
- to set with or as with stars;
- to feature as a star: an old movie starring Rudolph Valentino .
- to mark with a star or asterisk, as for special notice.
- to shine as a star;
be brilliant or prominent.
- (of a performer) to appear as a star: He starred in several productions of Shaw's plays.
Quiltquilt (kwilt),USA pronunciation n.
- a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance, as wool or down, between them and stitched in patterns or tufted through all thicknesses in order to prevent the filling from shifting.
- anything quilted or resembling a quilt.
- a bedspread or counterpane, esp. a thick one.
- [Obs.]a mattress.
- to stitch together (two pieces of cloth and a soft interlining), usually in an ornamental pattern.
- to sew up between pieces of material.
- to pad or line with material.
- to make quilts or quilted work.
- Colorado (approved esp. for use with zip code).
- Commanding Officer.
- conscientious objector.
Co, [Symbol, Chem.]
var. of com- before a vowel, h, and gn: coadjutor;
cognate. The prefix co- now productively forms new words from bases beginning with any sound (co-conspirator;
coseismic), sometimes with the derived sense "auxiliary, subsidiary'' (coenzyme;
copilot), and, in mathematics and astronomy, with the sense "complement'' (codeclination).
- cash order.
- certificate of origin.
- care of.
- [Bookkeeping.]carried over.
- care of.
- [Bookkeeping.]carried over.
- cash order.
- cash order.
- Commanding Officer.
- conscientious objector.
- correction officer.
- care of.
- carried over.
Dailydai•ly (dā′lē),USA pronunciation adj., n., pl. -lies, adv.
- of, done, occurring, or issued each day or each weekday: daily attendance; a daily newspaper.
- computed or measured by the day: daily quota; a daily wage.
- a newspaper appearing each day or each weekday.
- dailies, [Motion Pictures.]a series of hastily printed shots from the previous day's shooting, selected by the director to be viewed for possible inclusion in the final version of the film;
- a nonresident servant who comes to work every day;
a permanently employed servant who sleeps out.
- a person employed to do cleaning or other household work by the day.
- every day;
day by day: She phoned the hospital daily.
Dealdeal1 (dēl),USA pronunciation v., dealt, deal•ing, n.
- to occupy oneself or itself (usually fol. by with or in): Botany deals with the study of plants. He deals in generalities.
- to take action with respect to a thing or person (fol. by with): Law courts must deal with lawbreakers.
- to conduct oneself toward persons: He deals fairly.
- to be able to handle competently or successfully;
cope (fol. by with): I can't deal with your personal problems.
- to trade or do business (fol. by with or in): to deal with a firm; to deal in used cars.
- to distribute, esp. the cards in a game (often fol. by out): to deal out five hands of six cards each; your turn to deal.
- to buy and sell drugs illegally.
- [Archaic.]to have dealings or commerce, often in a secret or underhand manner (often fol. by with): to deal with the Devil.
- to give to one as a share;
apportion: Deal me in.
- to distribute among a number of recipients, as the cards required in a game: Deal five cards to each player.
- [Cards.]to give a player (a specific card) in dealing: You dealt yourself four aces.
- to deliver;
administer: to deal a blow.
- to buy and sell (drugs) illegally.
- to trade (an athlete) to another team.
- deal off:
- [Poker.]to deal the final hand of a game.
- to get rid of or trade (something or someone) in a transaction.
- deal someone in, to include: He was making a lot of dough in the construction business so I got him to deal me in.
- a business transaction: They closed the deal after a week of negotiating.
- a bargain or arrangement for mutual advantage: the best deal in town.
- a secret or underhand agreement or bargain: His supporters worked a number of deals to help his campaign.
- treatment received in dealing with another: He got a raw deal.
- an indefinite but large quantity, amount, extent, or degree (usually prec. by good or great): a good deal of work; a great deal of money.
- the distribution of cards to the players in a game.
- the set of cards in one's hand.
- the turn of a player to deal.
- the period of time during which a deal is played.
- an act of dealing or distributing.
- (cap.) an economic and social policy pursued by a political administration: the Fair Deal; the New Deal.
- cut a deal, [Informal.]to make an agreement, esp. a business agreement: Networks have cut a deal with foreign stations for an international hookup.
Jellyjel•ly ( jel′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -lies, v., -lied, -ly•ing, adj.
- a food preparation of a soft, elastic consistency due to the presence of gelatin, pectin, etc., esp. fruit juice boiled down with sugar and used as a sweet spread for bread and toast, as a filling for cakes or doughnuts, etc.
- any substance having the consistency of jelly.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a fruit-flavored gelatin dessert.
- a plastic sandal or shoe.
- to bring or come to the consistency of jelly.
- containing or made, spread, or topped with jelly or syrup;
jellied: jelly apples.
Rollroll (rōl),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to move along a surface by revolving or turning over and over, as a ball or a wheel.
- to move or be moved on wheels, as a vehicle or its occupants.
- to flow or advance in a stream or with an undulating motion, as water, waves, or smoke.
- to extend in undulations, as land.
- to elapse, pass, or move, as time (often fol. by on, away, or by).
- to move as in a cycle (usually fol. by round or around): as soon as summer rolls round again.
- to perform a periodical revolution in an orbit, as a heavenly body.
- to emit or have a deep, prolonged sound, as thunder, drums, etc.
- to trill, as a bird.
- to revolve or turn over, once or repeatedly, as a wheel on an axis or a person or animal lying down.
- to turn around in different directions or in a circle, as the eyes in their sockets.
- (of a vessel)
- to rock from side to side in open water. Cf. heave (def. 14b), pitch 1 (def. 20).
- to sail with a side-to-side rocking motion.
- to walk with a swinging or swaying gait.
- to begin to move or operate;
commence: Let's roll at sunrise.
- to go forward or advance without restrictions or impediments: The economy is finally beginning to roll.
- to curl up so as to form a tube or cylinder.
- to admit of being formed into a tube or cylinder by curling up.
- to be spread out after being curled up (usually fol. by out).
- to spread out as under a roller: The paint rolls easily.
- [Aviation.](of an aircraft or rocket) to deviate from a stable flight attitude by rotation about its longitudinal axis.
- to cause to move along a surface by revolving or turning over and over, as a cask, a ball, or a hoop.
- to move along on wheels or rollers;
convey in a wheeled vehicle.
- to drive, impel, or cause to flow onward with a sweeping or undulating motion: The wind rolled the waves high on the beach.
- to utter or give forth with a full, flowing, continuous sound: rolling his orotund phrases.
- to trill: to roll one'sr's.
- to cause to revolve or turn over or over and over: to roll oneself on one's face.
- to cause to sway or rock from side to side, as a ship.
- to wrap (something) around an axis, around upon itself, or into a cylindrical shape, ball, or the like: to roll string.
- to make by forming a tube or cylinder: to roll a cigarette.
- to spread out flat (something curled up) (often fol. by out): He rolled the map out on the table.
- to wrap, enfold, or envelop, as in some covering: to roll a child in a blanket.
- to spread out, level, smooth, compact, or the like, as with a rolling pin, roller, the hands, etc.: to roll dough; to roll a tennis court.
- to form (metal) in a rolling mill.
- to tumble (metal pieces and abrasives) in a box or barrel in such a way that their relative positions remain the same.
- to beat (a drum) with rapid, continuous strokes.
- (in certain games, as craps) to cast, or throw (dice).
- to apply (ink) with a roller or series of rollers.
- to rob, esp. by going through the pockets of a victim who is either asleep or drunk.
- roll back, to reduce (the price of a commodity, wages, etc.) to a former level, usually in response to government action.
- roll in, [Informal.]
- to luxuriate in;
abound in: rolling in money.
- to go to bed;
retire: They would roll in later and later every night.
- to mix and average the cost of (a higher-priced commodity or item) with that of a cheaper one so as to increase the retail price.
- to add: Labor wants to roll in periodic increases with their wage demands.
- to arrive, esp. in large numbers or quantity: When do my dividends start rolling in?
- roll one's eyes, to turn one's eyes around in different directions or in a circle, esp. as an expression of disbelief, annoyance, or impatience: He rolled his eyes when he heard the stupid joke.
- roll out:
- to spread out or flatten: to roll out dough.
- [Informal.]to arise from bed;
get up: It was nearly impossible to roll out on the first day back after vacation.
- [Football.]to execute a rollout.
- [Informal.]to introduce;
unveil: a TV advertising campaign to roll out the new car.
- roll up:
- to accumulate;
collect: to roll up a large vote.
- to increase.
- to arrive in a conveyance: He rolled up to the front door in a chauffeur-driven limousine.
- roll with the punches. See punch 1 (def. 4).
- a document of paper, parchment, or the like, that is or may be rolled up, as for storing;
- a list, register, or catalog, esp. one containing the names of the persons belonging to a company, class, society, etc.
- anything rolled up in a ringlike or cylindrical form: a roll of wire.
- a number of papers or other items rolled up together.
- a length of cloth, wallpaper, or the like, rolled up in cylindrical form (often forming a definite measure).
- a cylindrical or rounded mass of something: rolls of fat.
- some article of cylindrical or rounded form, as a molding.
- a cylindrical piece upon which something is rolled along to facilitate moving.
- a cylinder serving as a core upon which something is rolled up.
- a roller with which something is spread out, leveled, crushed, smoothed, compacted, or the like.
- thin cake spread with jelly or the like and rolled up.
- a small cake of bread, originally and still often rolled or doubled on itself before baking.
- meat rolled up and cooked.
- the act or process or an instance of rolling.
- undulation, as of a surface: the roll of a prairie.
- a sonorous or rhythmical flow of words.
- a deep, prolonged sound, as of thunder: the deep roll of a breaking wave.
- the trill of certain birds, esp. of the roller canary.
- the continuous sound of a drum rapidly beaten.
- a rolling motion, as of a ship.
- a rolling or swaying gait.
- a single, complete rotation of an airplane about the axis of the fuselage with little loss of altitude or change of direction.
- (of an aircraft or rocket) the act of rolling.
- the angular displacement caused by rolling.
- paper currency carried folded or rolled up: He took out an impressive roll and paid the check with a $100 bill.
funds: People were encouraged to shoot their rolls on mining speculation.
- (in various dice games)
- a single cast of or turn at casting the dice.
- the total number of pips or points made by a single cast;
score or point.
- on a roll:
- (in a gambling game) having a continuing winning streak.
- enjoying continuing good luck or success: She's been on a roll since taking that course on sales techniques.
- roll in the hay, [Slang.]an instance of sexual intercourse.
- strike off or from the rolls, to remove from membership or practice, as to disbar: He will surely be struck off the rolls if this conduct continues.
Hi folks, this blog post is about Missouri Star Quilt Co Daily Deal #5 Wild Nectar Jelly Roll. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 752 x 752. This attachment's file size is just 100 KB. If You ought to save This blog post to Your laptop, you might Click here. You also too download more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Missouri Star Quilt Co Daily Deal.
We'd want to speak about some tips on choosing the right furniture on your residence before talking about Missouri Star Quilt Co Daily Deal #5 Wild Nectar Jelly Roll. First, choose proportionally sized furniture. In the selection of furniture inside the inside of the living room minimalist variety 45 should really be stored balanced using the size of the living room minimalist. Must decide on a couch and coffeetable that is tiny were in as well as comfortable equilibrium using the bedroom.
The key problem in the layout of Missouri Star Quilt Co Daily Deal are normal to middleclass people in the capital is place that is limited. Since it may be circumvented by selecting the most appropriate decoration but do not fear. Two essential things you should look at before developing your living room may be the room to be able to demarcate the privacy of your family isn't disrupted.
Work with a reflection. Inserting a large mirror inside the family room additionally gives the effect be treated.
Pick vibrant colored wall coloring. This can supply wider-than hues that are dim to the impression of house becomes visible.
Use carpeting. In some houses you will not really look for a couch but rug that is comfortable to receive friends while design residences sit massive as Japanese-.