Chemistrychem•is•try (kem′ə strē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -tries.
- the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter. Cf. element (def. 2).
- chemical properties, reactions, phenomena, etc.: the chemistry of carbon.
- the interaction of one personality with another: The chemistry between him and his boss was all wrong.
- sympathetic understanding;
rapport: the astonishing chemistry between the actors.
- any or all of the elements that make up something: the chemistry of love.
Chapterchap•ter (chap′tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a main division of a book, treatise, or the like, usually bearing a number or title.
- a branch, usually restricted to a given locality, of a society, organization, fraternity, etc.: the Connecticut chapter of the American Red Cross.
- an important portion or division of anything: The atomic bomb opened a new chapter in history.
- an assembly of the monks in a monastery, of those in a province, or of the entire order.
- a general assembly of the canons of a church.
- a meeting of the elected representatives of the provinces or houses of a religious community.
- the body of such canons or representatives collectively.
- any general assembly.
- [Liturgy.]a short scriptural quotation read at various parts of the office, as after the last psalm in the service of lauds, prime, tierce, etc.
- [Horol.]any of the marks or numerals designating the hours on a dial.
- to divide into or arrange in chapters.
Sectionsec•tion (sek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a part that is cut off or separated.
- a distinct part or subdivision of anything, as an object, country, community, class, or the like: the poor section of town; the left section of a drawer.
- a distinct part or subdivision of a writing, as of a newspaper, legal code, chapter, etc.: the financial section of a daily paper; section 2 of the bylaws.
- one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a whole: sections of a fishing rod.
- (in most of the U.S. west of Ohio) one of the 36 numbered subdivisions, each one square mile (2.59 sq. km or 640 acres), of a township.
- an act or instance of cutting;
separation by cutting.
- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a thin slice of a tissue, mineral, or the like, as for microscopic examination.
- a representation of an object as it would appear if cut by a plane, showing its internal structure.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section. any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
- any of two or more trains, buses, or the like, running on the same route and schedule at the same time, one right behind the other, and considered as one unit, as when a second is necessary to accommodate more passengers than the first can carry: On holidays the New York to Boston train runs in three sections.
- a segment of a naturally segmented fruit, as of an orange or grapefruit.
- a division of an orchestra or band containing all the instruments of one class: a rhythm section.
- [Bookbinding.]signature (def. 8).
- Also called section mark. a mark used to indicate a subdivision of a book, chapter, or the like, or as a mark of reference to a footnote.
- [Theat.]one of a series of circuits for controlling certain lights, as footlights.
- shape (def. 12).
- to cut or divide into sections.
- to cut through so as to present a section.
- to make an incision.
Reviewre•view (ri vyo̅o̅′),USA pronunciation n.
- a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like;
- the process of going over a subject again in study or recitation in order to fix it in the memory or summarize the facts.
- an exercise designed or intended for study of this kind.
- a general survey of something, esp. in words;
a report or account of something.
- an inspection or examination by viewing, esp. a formal inspection of any military or naval force, parade, or the like.
- a periodical publication containing articles on current events or affairs, books, art, etc.: a literary review.
- a judicial reexamination, as by a higher court, of the decision or proceedings in a case.
- a second or repeated view of something.
- a viewing of the past;
contemplation or consideration of past events, circumstances, or facts.
- [Bridge.]a recapitulation of the bids made by all players.
- to go over (lessons, studies, work, etc.) in review.
- to view, look at, or look over again.
- to inspect, esp. formally or officially: to review the troops.
- to survey mentally;
take a survey of: to review the situation.
- to discuss (a book, play, etc.) in a critical review;
write a critical report upon.
- to look back upon;
- to present a survey of in speech or writing.
- to reexamine judicially: a decision to review the case.
- [Bridge.]to repeat and summarize (all bids made by the players).
- to write reviews;
review books, movies, etc., as for a newspaper or periodical: He reviews for some small-town newspaper.
Answersan•swer (an′sər, än′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc.: He sent an answer to my letter promptly.
- a correct response to a question asked to test one's knowledge.
- an equivalent or approximation: a singing group that tried to be the French answer to the Beatles.
- an action serving as a reply or response: The answer was a volley of fire.
- a solution to a problem, esp. in mathematics.
- a reply to a charge or accusation.
- a pleading in which a party responds to his or her opponent's statement of position, esp. the defendant's reply to the plaintiff 's complaint.
- the entrance of a fugue subject, usually on the dominant, either slightly altered or transposed exactly after each presentation in the tonic.
- to speak or write in response;
- to respond by an act or motion: He answered with a nod. The champion answered with a right to the jaw.
- to act or suffer in consequence of (usually fol. by for).
- to be or declare oneself responsible or accountable (usually fol. by for): I will answer for his safety.
- to be satisfactory or serve (usually fol. by for): His cane answered for a baseball bat.
- to conform;
correspond (usually fol. by to): The prisoner answered to the description issued by the police.
- to speak or write in response to;
reply to: to answer a person; to answer a question.
- to act or move in response to: Answer the doorbell. We answered their goal with two quick goals of our own.
- to solve or present a solution of.
- to serve or fulfill: This will answer the purpose.
- to discharge (a responsibility, claim, debt, etc.).
- to conform or correspond to;
be similar or equivalent to: This dog answers your description.
- to atone for;
make amends for.
- to reply or respond favorably to: I would like to answer your request but am unable to do so.
- answer back, to reply impertinently or rudely: Well-behaved children do not answer back when scolded.
- answer the helm, (of a vessel) to maneuver or remain steady according to the position of the rudder.
Howdy peoples, this post is about Chemistry Chapter 9 Section 1 Review Answers #4 GIF) [Page 1 .. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 450 x 612. This image's file size is only 47 KB. Wether You desired to save This attachment to Your computer, you have to Click here. You also also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Chemistry Chapter 9 Section 1 Review Answers.
How do you choose the Chemistry Chapter 9 Section 1 Review Answers that is best? Once we realize, the position of the table can help the characteristics of the home kitchen. This table's lifestyle is not simply beneficial being a mixture of cooking, but additionally a direct effect to the layout of the kitchen developed. In analyzing drawbacks and the pros because of the big kitchen counter material currently, pick the best claim your experience.
Ultimately, your kitchen desk might be said good quality if it has a tough structure, easy to clean, beautiful, stain resistant, resilient, temperature resistant, and easy maintenance. But ofcourse none of the resources that assistance every one of the faculties that are above. Therefore, you need to adjust inside the home, where the features that needs to be highlighted to the ailments.