Fixfix (fiks),USA pronunciation v., fixed or fixt, fix•ing, n.
- to repair;
- to put in order or in good condition;
adjust or arrrange: She fixed her hair in a bun.
- to make fast, firm, or stable.
- to place definitely and more or less permanently: to fix a circus poster to a wall.
- to settle definitely;
determine: to fix a price.
- to direct (the eyes, the attention, etc.) steadily: His eyes were fixed on the distant ship.
- to attract and hold (the eye, the attention, etc.).
- to make set or rigid.
- to put into permanent form.
- to put or place (responsibility, blame, etc.) on a person.
- to assign or refer to a definite place, time, etc.
- to provide or supply with (something needed or wanted): How are you fixed for money?
- to arrange or influence the outcome or action of, esp. privately or dishonestly: to fix a jury; to fix a game.
- to get (a meal);
prepare (food): What time shall I fix supper?
- to put in a condition or position to make no further trouble.
- to get even with;
get revenge upon: I'll fix him!
- to castrate or spay (an animal, esp. a pet).
- to make stable in consistency or condition;
reduce from fluidity or volatility to a more stable state.
- to convert atmospheric nitrogen into a useful compound, as a nitrate fertilizer.
- to render (an image) permanent by removing light-sensitive silver halides.
- [Microscopy.]to kill, make rigid, and preserve for microscopic study.
- to become fixed.
- to become set;
assume a rigid or solid form.
- to become stable or permanent.
- to settle down.
- to inject oneself with a narcotic.
- [Chiefly Southern U.S.]to prepare;
plan (usually fol. by an infinitive): I was just fixing to call you. We're fixing to go to Colorado this summer.
- fix on or upon, to decide on;
determine: We won't be able to fix on a location for the banquet until we know the number of guests.
- fix one's wagon, to exact retribution for an offense;
treat someone vengefully: I'll dock his pay and that will fix his wagon.
- fix up:
- to arrange for: to fix up a date.
- to provide with;
- to repair;
- to smooth over;
solve: They weren't able to fix up their differences.
- a position from which it is difficult to escape;
- a repair, adjustment, or solution, usually of an immediate nature: Can you think of a fix for the problem?
- a charted position of a vessel or aircraft, determined by two or more bearings taken on landmarks, heavenly bod-ies, etc.
- the determining of the position of a ship, plane, etc., by mathematical, electronic, or other means: The navigator took a fix on the sun and steered the ship due north.
- a clear determination: Can you get a fix on what he really means?
- an injection of heroin or other narcotic.
- the narcotic or amount of narcotic injected.
- a compulsively sought dose or infusion of something: to need one's daily fix of soap operas on TV.
- an underhand or illegal arrangement, esp. one secured through bribery or influence.
- a contest, situation, etc., whose outcome is prearranged dishonestly.
- in a fix, [Older Slang.]pregnant.
Chippedchip1 (chip),USA pronunciation n., v., chipped, chip•ping.
- a small, slender piece, as of wood, separated by chopping, cutting, or breaking.
- a very thin slice or small piece of food, candy, etc.: chocolate chips.
- a mark or flaw made by the breaking off or gouging out of a small piece: This glass has a chip.
- any of the small round disks, usually of plastic or ivory, used as tokens for money in certain gambling games, as roulette or poker;
- Also called microchip. a tiny slice of semiconducting material, generally in the shape of a square a few millimeters long, cut from a larger wafer of the material, on which a transistor or an entire integrated circuit is formed. Cf. microprocessor.
- a small cut or uncut piece of a diamond or crystal.
- anything trivial or worthless.
- something dried up or without flavor.
- a piece of dried dung: buffalo chips.
- wood, straw, etc., in thin strips for weaving into hats, baskets, etc.
- [Golf.]See chip shot.
- [Tennis.]a softly sliced return shot with heavy backspin.
- the strip of material removed by a recording stylus as it cuts the grooves in a record.
- chips, [Chiefly Brit.]French fries.
- chip off the old block, a person who resembles one parent in appearance or behavior: His son is just a chip off the old block.
- chip on one's shoulder, a disposition to quarrel: You will never make friends if you go around with a chip on your shoulder.
- in the chips, [Slang.]wealthy;
rich: Don't look down on your old friends now that you're in the chips.
- when the chips are down, in a discouraging or disadvantageous situation;
in bad or pressing times: When the chips are down he proves to be a loyal friend.
- to hew or cut with an ax, chisel, etc.
- to cut, break off, or gouge out (bits or fragments): He chipped a few pieces of ice from the large cube.
- to disfigure by breaking off a fragment: to chip the edge of a saucer.
- to shape or produce by cutting or flaking away pieces: to chip a figure out of wood.
- to bet by means of chips, as in poker.
- [Tennis.]to slice (a ball) on a return shot, causing it to have heavy backspin.
- [Slang.]to take (a narcotic drug) occasionally, esp. only in sufficient quantity to achieve a mild euphoria.
- [Chiefly Brit. Sports.]to hit or kick (a ball) a short distance forward.
- to jeer or criticize severely;
- [Australian.]to hoe;
- to break off in small pieces.
- [Golf.]to make a chip shot.
- chip in:
- to contribute money or assistance;
- to bet a chip or chips, as in poker.
- to interrupt a conversation to say something;
butt in: We all chipped in with our suggestions for the reunion.
Sinksink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Cleaningclean•ing (klē′ning),USA pronunciation n.
- an act or instance of making clean: Give the house a good cleaning.
- an overwhelming or complete defeat, financial loss, or failure: Our team took a cleaning in yesterday's game.
- killing (def. 3).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Repairre•pair1 (ri pâr′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to restore to a good or sound condition after decay or damage;
mend: to repair a motor.
- to restore or renew by any process of making good, strengthening, etc.: to repair one's health by resting.
- to remedy;
make up for: to repair damage; to repair a deficiency.
- to make amends for;
compensate: to repair a wrong done.
- an act, process, or work of repairing: to order the repair of a building.
- Usually, repairs.
- an instance or operation of repairing: to lay up a boat for repairs.
- a repaired part or an addition made in repairing: 17th-century repairs in brick are conspicuous in parts of the medieval stonework.
- repairs, (in bookkeeping, accounting, etc.) the part of maintenance expense that has been paid out to keep fixed assets in usable condition, as distinguished from amounts used for renewal or replacement.
- the good condition resulting from continued maintenance and repairing: to keep in repair.
- condition with respect to soundness and usability: a house in good repair.
re•pair′a•bil′i•ty, re•pair′a•ble•ness, n.
Allall (ôl),USA pronunciation adj.
- the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
- the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.
- the greatest possible (used in referring to quality or degree): with all due respect; with all speed.
- every: all kinds; all sorts.
any whatever: beyond all doubt.
- nothing but;
only: The coat is all wool.
- dominated by or as if by the conspicuous possession or use of a particular feature: The colt was all legs. They were all ears, listening attentively to everything she said.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]all gone;
finished: The pie is all.
- the whole quantity or amount: He ate all of the peanuts. All are gone.
- the whole number;
every one: all of us.
- everything: Is that all you want to say? All is lost.
- one's whole interest, energy, or property: to give one's all; to lose one's all.
- (often cap.) the entire universe.
- above all, before everything else;
chiefly: Above all, the little girl wanted a piano.
- after all, in spite of the circumstances;
notwithstanding: He came in time after all.
- all in all:
- everything considered;
in general: All in all, her health is greatly improved.
- altogether: There were twelve absentees all in all.
everything regarded as important: Painting became his all in all.
- all in hand, (of the copy for typesetting a particular article, book, issue, etc.) in the possession of the compositor.
- and all, together with every other associated or connected attribute, object, or circumstance: What with the snow and all, we may be a little late.
- at all:
- in the slightest degree: I wasn't surprised at all.
- for any reason: Why bother at all?
- in any way: no offense at all.
- for all (that), in spite of;
notwithstanding: For all that, it was a good year.
- in all, all included;
all together: a hundred guests in all.
- once and for all, for the last time;
finally: The case was settled once and for all when the appeal was denied.
completely: all alone.
exclusively: He spent his income all on pleasure.
apiece: The score was one all.
- all at once. See once (def. 14).
- all but, almost;
very nearly: These batteries are all but dead.
- all in, Northern and Western U.S. very tired;
exhausted: We were all in at the end of the day.
- all in the wind, too close to the wind.
- all out, with all available means or effort: We went all out to win the war.
- all over:
in every part.
- in every respect;
- all standing, [Naut.]
- in such a way and so suddenly that sails or engines are still set to propel a vessel forward: The ship ran aground all standing.
- fully clothed: The crew turned in all standing.
- fully equipped, as a vessel.
- all that, remarkably;
decidedly (used in negative constructions): It's not all that different from your other house.
- all the better, more advantageous;
so much the better: If the sun shines it will be all the better for our trip.
- all there, [Informal.]mentally competent;
not insane or feeble-minded: Some of his farfetched ideas made us suspect that he wasn't all there.
- all the same. See same (def. 8).
- all told. See told (def. 2).
- all up:
- [Print., Journ.](of copy) completely set in type.
- [Informal.]with no vestige of hope remaining: It's all up with George—they've caught him.
Hello , this blog post is about Fix Chipped Sink #7 Cleaning And Chip Repair All Surface Refurbishing. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 2872 x 2154. It's file size is just 700 KB. Wether You want to save This photo to Your PC, you can Click here. You may also see more images by clicking the image below or see more at this article: Fix Chipped Sink.
Everyone knows that color is among the most critical facets for making a style that is beautiful bedroom. Color is an indispensable portion for remodeling, decorating or developing models, consequently choosing the shades that are right have to be considered. The colour can drive influence on understanding feeling and conversation as stated in the earlier article.
Thus, you should spend particular focus in selecting the most appropriate colour to your household rooms. The sack can be a haven where we sleep whenever we are drained, a position where we rest, tired of the daily regime, or perhaps whenever we are ill. The bedroom may be the place wherever we wanted stay quiet, examine a well liked story or simply to be alone. Suites have to be a spot that may make us feel not uncomfortable.
Due to the event of the bedroom's importance, we should discuss the patterns that are top bedroom. We ought to select the style and coloring that could create us achieve satisfaction and luxury. Harmony wills inspire in a time that is hectic. You'll see by having an area with superior Fix Chipped Sink #7 Cleaning And Chip Repair All Surface Refurbishing coloring can be a luxury by itself.